APEC-VC in the world
APEC Virtual Center for Environmental Technology Exchange
Home > About APEC-VC > APEC-VC in the world
Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Thailand
Department of Environmental Quality Promotion, is now under supervision of Department of Environmental Quality Promotion, was established in 1992 as a result of the Royal Thai Government announced the replacement of the 1975 legislation with the Enhancement and Conservation of National Environmental Quality Act B.E.2535 (1992) and restructured The Office of National Environment Board to three departments namely Pollution Control Department (PCD), Office of Environmental Policy and Planning (OEPP), Department of Environmental Quality Promotion (DEQP)and also adjusted Department of Environmental Quality Promotion responsibilities by transferred Section of Environmental Analysis from Photograph to be under Division of Environmental Policy and Planning and transferred Environmental Research and Training to be under Division of Environmental Quality Standard. Moreover, the Royal Thai Government enacted the royal degree of government restructuring Department of Environmental Quality Promotion to be under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment. In 2002, Department of Environmental Quality Promotion was transferred to be under Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment due to the government restructuring and has responsibilities as follows:
- To promote and disseminate the environmental data and information.
- To compile, develop and promote the use of environmental databases and act as the national environmental information centre.
- To support public participation in environmental protection and balanced utilization of biological variety and environmental natural resources.
- To coordinate and formulate plan and measure in order to promote and disseminate the protection of national resources and environment.
- To study, research, develop and support environmental management and technology including act as clean technology centre or environmental reference operation centre.
- To carry out other functions of Department of Environmental Quality Promotion assigned by the law or the ministry or the cabinet.
List of Members
economy, photo, profile
Name : Ms. Malee Hutacharoen
Position : Director
Affiliated : Department of Environmental Quality Promotion
Environmental Information center
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org