Policy & Development
APEC Virtual Center for Environmental Technology Exchange
|Biotops Area Ratio Application Guidance|
|Biotops Area Ratio Application Guidance
1. Background and Objective
* Rapid urbanization, population increase and etc. cause concrete structures and artificial ground to increase, damaging natural and ecological functions in urban areas.
* Biotops Area Ratio system is introduced to reduce urban pollution and adapt to weather change like heat island and promote biological diversity in order to improve urban ecological soundness and build pleasant living environment.
2. Definitions of Terms
* “Biotops Area Ratio” means the ratio occupied by the land size with ecological function and natural cycling function out of the entire development area.
- Present Biotops Area Ratio: Before development, Biotops Area Ratio measured based on land coverage type.
- Target Biotops Area Ratio: Biotops Area Ratio set as a target in strategy environment effect evaluation step after development.
- Planned Biotops Area Ratio : Biotops Area Ratio set for each land use purpose in environment effect evaluation step based on the Target Biotops Area Ratio.
* “Natural ground green area” is artificially built green area on natural ground or embankment ground connected with the natural ground in the development target area including park green area stipulated in 「City Park and Green Area Act」.
- Natural ground green area ratio : Natural ground green area ratio of the target development area.
* “Land coverage map” means a map in which land surface physical conditions like forest, wetland, paved surface are classified and marked using the image captured by the artificial satellite.
|Climate & Air||General Guidance on Development and Operation of Agricultural & Industrial District||2017-03-17||11|
|Energy & Waste||Subsidy Appropriation Guidance for Electric Car Supply & Recharge Infrastructure Construction Project||2017-03-09||25|
|Energy & Waste||Biotops Area Ratio Application Guidance||2017-02-24||55|
|Climate & Air||Alternative-day-no-driving system to be implemented during high concentration PM2.5 episodes||2016-12-29||145|
|Water||Daegu Environmental Corporation to strengthen ties with China at Korea International Water Week||2016-12-28||127|